BOROCHAT

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: 10 games in then�. by FreemoToday 09:58Today at 09:58:57view thread

Oldest article: Doncaster by WASP11/5 07:50Sat May 11 07:50:03 2024view thread

MenuSearch

10 games in then�.

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)Yesterday 11:25Yesterday at 11:25:14

Views: 449

A very respectable start if you ask me.

Played a number of the better sides already, and are yet to cash in on any of our free 6 points against Cambridge.

Not to mention injuries to Taye, Sweeney, Goode and Appere.

Louis Thompson has been excellent, my POTS so far and Reidy is starting to play well again (just needs a goal now) of our new signings Ive been most impressed with Phillips.

Biggest disappointment so far has been our performance at Exeter (as per), and after playing Posh off the park at their place it makes that performance look even more bemusing.

Anyway, I think any fears of relegation have been quashed and we can start looking up the table now. COYB.

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Re: 10 games in then�.

By RockyBottomToday 09:45Today at 09:45:55In response to 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 20

A couple of the away performances have been tough to watch, but definitely doing better than I expected.

By Owen BYesterday 13:14Yesterday at 13:14:58In response to 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 392

I think we've been largely good, aside from a couple of really stinking away performances. I'm much more positive after Posh away, despite the result.

1 person likes this 1 person

By Newbie_Boro (Yorkshire_Boro)Yesterday 11:53Yesterday at 11:53:21In response to 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 386

Agreed!

I hold my hands up and say I had pre-season fears of a relegation battle and was not in favour of Rev's being appointed but he's proving me to be very wrong indeed! We're improving each week at the moment and long may it continue

#Revsin #Iknownothing

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)Yesterday 13:09Yesterday at 13:09:28In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 337

We are doing far better than I thought we would.

Early days, it's a confidence game and I don't want to tempt fate, but I'm very happy with what we've been served up so far.

By NorfolkIANYesterday 17:15Yesterday at 17:15:01In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 383

I’m pleased to say “I told you so” to the “Revs out” brigade.

By SevYesterday 18:09Yesterday at 18:09:47In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 190

I'm pleased to say "I told you so" to the half of me that thought we might struggle and "see I knew it'd be fine" to the half of me that thought we would be ok.

Truth is though, only 10 games in and we are mid table so could still go either way.

For me it was an appointment of an unknown and as such what was going to happen was unknown.

Happy so far. Away form and lack of goals is a concern. Home for and good defence is a boost.

By Pete (PeteH)Today 08:31Today at 08:31:08In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 65

We were second in the table and unbeaten after 10 games of the 2012-3 season. We then went onto lose 22 of the remaining 36. I won't be counting any chickens before they hatch...

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)Today 08:33Today at 08:33:59In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 57

You're a right bundle.of joy aren't you 🤣

By jayessYesterday 20:09Yesterday at 20:09:27In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 961

Reasons to be cheerful include BGR and Young getting up to full match fitness and Appere to reappear, as well as Pressley. I would like to think this will address the lack of goals.
Defensively we've looked very good despite the injuries, though Freestone's lack of a decent right foot was a major factor in Posh's winner on Saturday.
That was the most annoying result of the season. It was the weakest Peterborough team I can remember. We could, and should, have won.

By FreemoYesterday 19:24Yesterday at 19:24:59In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 287

4 wins 4 losses 2 draws +1 goal difference and 12th is amusingly fence-sitting. We're literally the midtable.

By RockyBottomToday 09:47Today at 09:47:24In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 18

Been a fair few seasons since we were a comfortably midtable side!

By FreemoToday 09:58Today at 09:58:57In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 6

Our average FL finish is actually 13th. But of the 14 seasons we've been in a relegation, promotion or playoff situation for half of them.

By cazYesterday 23:49Yesterday at 23:49:54In response to Re: 10 games in then�. Top of thread

Views: 611

Some people aren’t happy with anything if we were top of the table that wouldn’t be enough would it , I’m very happy with what we’re doing and where we are

Previous thread: 🎙️SFC POD: Just How? / S6 EP21 by BoromattToday 06:44Today at 06:44:10view thread