BOROCHAT

Return to front page

Newest article: Re: Wigwam Away - Sky+ by HitchinBoro exCalling Today 15:25Today at 15:25:33view thread

Oldest article: PW - Programme Notes by RussD8126/4 17:14Fri Apr 26 17:14:47 2024view thread

MenuSearch

Next thread: Charlton Parking by HitchinBoro exCalling Yesterday 13:58Yesterday at 13:58:05view thread

Those who have faith in Revell

By ForestBoro3521/9 17:31Sat Sep 21 17:31:15 2024

Views: 765

What are Boro fans basing their confidence on in believing that Revell is the right candidate to manage the club this season? Recent performances seem to have been rather uninspiring, (except the second half v Barnsley)
leading to frustration among those who doubt his suitability for the role, especially given his previous, less-than-successful tenure here.

Thank you.

😀

reply to this article | return to the front page

2 people like this 2 people

Re: Those who have faith in Revell

By Phoenix (Phoenix)21/9 21:09Sat Sep 21 21:09:37 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 504

It's called burying your head in the sand and hoping for the best.

Edited by Phoenix at 21:09:54 on 21st September 2024

6 people like this 6 people

By Tucks21/9 20:49Sat Sep 21 20:49:18 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 488

The league table, the results, not jizzing my pants after every win, not shitting them after every defeat.

Keeps the blood pressure down and saves the environment because I’m not constantly soiling myself and having to put a wash on.

By Deltic 21 (Spirit of East Coast Boro)Yesterday 09:37Yesterday at 09:37:28In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 347

It’s all about the pants with you, isn’t it ??

By Sev21/9 18:52Sat Sep 21 18:52:04 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 545

The 50% lose rate so far doesn't fill me with confidence but far too early to be appraising managers. We don't even know who our best eleven is yet and seem to have a few injuries which doesn't help.

By FingersLily21/9 18:15Sat Sep 21 18:15:32 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 557

As you know, I’m not confident in him. I sincerely hope I’m proven wrong & I would consider staying up to be a success.

However, he nearly took us out of the league last time & I just can’t see that working under Evans is going to have changed his personality & ability.

I’m more than happy to wait & see & more than happy to eat humble pie

1 person likes this 1 person

By Owen B21/9 18:08Sat Sep 21 18:08:58 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 579

We literally won 3-0 last weekend.

I wasn't delighted by the appointment, but he deserves a fair crack now he has been reappointed. Some of the chat on Borochat is mental.

4 people like this 4 people

By SFC JonnyYesterday 00:17Yesterday at 00:17:32In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 373

Agreed.

Today was crap. Next week might be better.

New signings need time to gel. Let's not panic yet.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)21/9 18:50Sat Sep 21 18:50:01 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 519

Some?

By ForestBoro3521/9 18:18Sat Sep 21 18:18:05 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 546

I don't have the faith, but he does rightly so deserve the time to prove he's the right candidate.

By Owen B21/9 18:26Sat Sep 21 18:26:24 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 524

I do get your reservations, I just don't think enough time has elapsed to make a judgement. Probably need to see where we are after 15-20 games.

By Chuds21/9 18:42Sat Sep 21 18:42:13 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 532

Exactly.

If we were in Cambridge's position I could understand it a bit more (but would still say it is far too early), but we are doing fine (not good, not bad, fine) after a tricky opening and it is still very early days with a number of our signings only starting to get regular gametime (and sadly some of them now injured).

The win last week didn't make Revs great and the right option, just as today doesn't make him shit and the wrong option. Let's see where we are at the start of November when we have our little break for the FA Cup, at which point we will have a far better idea of what Revs MkII actually offers, be it good or bad.

And as I said elsewhere, I suspect we will be a very contrasting side at home and away, with us having won four of five home games under Revs (which is not necessarily a good thing, but if we regularly pick up wins at home we will be absolutely fine, and it should keep our paying home crowd content).

By FreemoYesterday 15:45Yesterday at 15:45:50In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 257

After two promising opening league games last season with Revs in charge we shit the bed a month before the equivalent to the Barnsley performance, so that second half alone has given him at least another month's worth of credit with me. I need a few more games but ignoring my preconceptions I'm still on the fence based on the actual results.

Exeter away doesn't really count imo.

By Owen BYesterday 15:50Yesterday at 15:50:58In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 287

Pep couldn't get us to win away at Exeter. It's bloody cursed for us!

By RockyBottom21/9 21:23Sat Sep 21 21:23:35 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 394

Win the home games against the bottom third of the league and pick up a some decent results elsewhere we'll have enough not to be sucked into a relegation battle. That's kinda where I see us at the moment.

By Tedster21/9 18:13Sat Sep 21 18:13:57 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 537

How dare anyone say anything that other people disagree with… cancel them now !

By Owen B21/9 18:18Sat Sep 21 18:18:56 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 512

No one is cancelling anyone, what on earth are you talking about?

By Copeysaurus (CDawg)21/9 17:52Sat Sep 21 17:52:26 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 556

Spent 2 seasons learning under one of the most successful managers in lower league history

Knows the squad

Is liked by the squad

Lack of any other decent, realistic options

Listy

By WASP (Original Mr Wasp)21/9 17:44Sat Sep 21 17:44:50 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 568

I said it earlier. List is an IMPAKT sub. Not a starter.

By Chuds21/9 17:43Sat Sep 21 17:43:12 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 587

P10 W4 D2 L4 since taking charge again.

We are midtable and have played three of our six league games this season against sides fancied to go well, plus away at a side we haven't won at in 16 visits.

It hasn't been the most exciting of starts and I am not expecting him to work wonders, but his results so far have been fine in the most part, and EVERY SINGLE MANAGER needs time to see how they fare.

People need to stop banging on about his previous tenure and we don't need threads like this every time we losing a fucking game, especially if it is the very next game (away at a venue NO manager of ours has ever won at in the FL) after a very impressive 3-0 win.

/rant

By jayess21/9 21:27Sat Sep 21 21:27:38 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 389

This is the first League game I've not been able to watch for more than a year, and it sounds as though I had a narrow escape. There is a bit of a feeling of Revball: here we go again because, apart for the second 45 minutes against Barnsley, the football has largely been dire. Last season we won four of our first six and there was a real sense of optimism about the place that is clearly missing now.
Your defence of the sometimes indefensible Chuds is seldom less than eloquent, but don't pretend our past record at Exeter had any bearing on today's game; different players, different occasion.
All sensible Stevenage fans are desperate for Revs to succeed but I'm not sure he has helped himself by choosing an assistant manager used to another level and a very inexperienced first team coach (even if he is one of our own).
Meanwhile the tough games keep on coming...Wigan (a) then Charlton and Wrexham at our place in the next ten days.
If we lose two of them the pressure will mount and in a sense rightly so. We've added some pricey signings to an already decent squad that spent most of last season in the top six and, despite a crap final third, only missed out on a play off place by 5 points. Just avoiding relegation this time around really won't cut it.

By ForestBoro3521/9 17:49Sat Sep 21 17:49:35 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 557

The thread was simply created out of curiosity to understand what people are basing their faith on in him this season.

As I mentioned in another post, I respect the fans who support Revell, as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

By Chuds21/9 17:52Sat Sep 21 17:52:57 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 556

We have had loads of threads already this season exactly the same. Nothing has changed after today's defeat so it doesn't all need hashing out yet again. But of course you are entitled to post whatever you like, provided it doesn't overstep any boundaries.

As a sidenote, I see our previous manager has his side, which is multiple times bigger than us and has a budget that absolutely dwarves ours, in the relegation zone and below us, and has played a game more. Maybe he should be immediately sacked.

By ForestBoro3521/9 17:55Sat Sep 21 17:55:41 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 548

Oh no, I wouldn't overstep the boundaries on this forum as I totally respect everyone who reads and posts on here.

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)21/9 18:54Sat Sep 21 18:54:01 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 487

I don't.

Loads of them are complete and utter bell ends with shit opinions and a lack of any understanding of the way the game works.

And I don't necessarily exclude myself from that category.

By ForestBoro3521/9 19:02Sat Sep 21 19:02:32 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 479

How's the speakers ?

By Balders (BALDOCKBORO)21/9 19:10Sat Sep 21 19:10:25 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 463

Waterlogged.

By ForestBoro3521/9 19:50Sat Sep 21 19:50:25 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 463

Ah well never mind. Stick to the Alexa.

By Chuds21/9 18:57Sat Sep 21 18:57:18 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 478

We should just ban all football chat and only have posts about what we are having for lunch, what music we are listening to, about dirty weekends away ploughing bits of fluff like FingersLily used to post.

By Sev21/9 18:58Sat Sep 21 18:58:51 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 472

And mowing lawns please

By Owen B21/9 18:55Sat Sep 21 18:55:11 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 465

That's because you're French

By SFCfox21/9 17:38Sat Sep 21 17:38:19 2024In response to Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 558

I know most of the fan base, we all want Revell in.

By ForestBoro3521/9 17:41Sat Sep 21 17:41:49 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 555

I fully respect the fans who have faith in him, as they are entitled to their own opinion. However, others have the right to disagree and hold their own view that he may not be the right candidate to manage the club.

😀

By Chuds21/9 17:45Sat Sep 21 17:45:03 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 578

Even if I believe he isn't the right candidate (I didn't want him to get the job), I don't need to piss my pants and start telling everybody he should be immediately sacked every time we lose as that helps nobody and nothing, and there are not exactly many other options available who are interested in coming to us, just as there weren't in the summer.

Edited by Chuds at 17:48:39 on 21st September 2024

By FingersLily21/9 18:13Sat Sep 21 18:13:04 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 525

Nobody is pissing their pants & it’s hardly telling everybody is it? You need to calm down & get a sense of perspective.

The post was asking for opinions - at no point did it say he should be immediately sacked! Talk about throwing hissy fits!!!

For the record, I was against his appointment the first time around (look how that went) & even more so this time around. I genuinely hope he proves me wrong but can’t see it happening. Just because he worked under Evans, that doesn’t mean he’ll miraculously become a good manager!

This is a football forum for fans to post their opinions. Just because they may differ to yours, that doesn’t give you the right to stamp your feet. Respect other posts

By AndyCYesterday 00:14Yesterday at 00:14:16In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 335

Just because he worked under Evans, that doesn’t mean he’ll miraculously become a good manager!

I've seen this written a fair bit, what exactly has he supposed to have learnt?.

Because it's not style or tactics, from what I have seen on the Sky Plus games and highlights as generally we are trying to pass it about until we lose it (quite frequently), whereas Steve liked it punted into channels and then play when you get up there. Even the commentator today introduced the game as two sides who like to get it down and play.

So what is Revell bringing from 3 years under him?

By Chuds21/9 18:20Sat Sep 21 18:20:31 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 515

Cool story, bro.

By FingersLily21/9 19:02Sat Sep 21 19:02:28 2024In response to Re: Those who have faith in Revell Top of thread

Views: 472

Thanks. On your other point, I don’t remember a post about me ploughing anyone?

Previous thread: Lewis Freestone by Boroster21/9 16:46Sat Sep 21 16:46:21 2024view thread